Bulletin for Members
The committee create and send out a Bulletin to their membership on a monthly basis. This gives a small amount of information of the mammoth amount of activity and research that goes on at HeritageWorks
Become a member and receive a very informative quarterly newsletter giving lots of information on Warrnambool & District. Plus free research time. Come along and see what is happening and do a little research into a home or business premises you have purchased. Get a copy of a picture for your wall or find out about the families involved or delve into your own family.
- Conservation work done on the Pioneer Board.
- Members of the Swinton family, visiting Warrnambool recently
- Take Your Dog To Work Day.
- In September 2017 it will be 40 years since the railway between Dennington, Koroit & Port Fairy was closed.
- Booklets and the Pioneer Registers are available for purchase
- W&DHS offers a special membership for district schools,
- Travelled to Stawell Western Victorian Association of Historical Societies
- Andrew Suggett has recently resigned
- New Acquisitons: St John’s Presbyterian Church halls spectacular piece of work, built c. 1915
- In late January the 100th anniversary of the first flight to Warrnambool
- Basil Watson
- Recent Acquisitions
- Students from local schools are frequent visitors
- We are a little over midway through a three year process to achieve accreditation
- Spring edition of our newsletter Warnimble.
- Christmas party is being held at HeritageWorks
- Glenys Phillpot stepped down from the position of president
- Front of History House still resembles a bombsite,
- Gas fired hydronic heating has been installed in History House
- Shortlisted for a Victorian Collections Cataloguing Award
- Jude Fraser,view our Pioneer Board
- The community activities crew
- Up Came a Squatter exploring Niel Black’s
- Australian experience of World War One
- Christopher Beattie,
- Received the significance assessment report
- Hydronic heating at History House.
- Iron railing from around John Murray’s grave
- The AGM date has been set for 25th September
- Water Board rate books from the early 19th century to 1930’s
- Researching Supporter of the Pall.
- Warnimble journal packed full of information and interesting articles
- WFHG and WDHS have applied for funding for heating in HH
- Helpful Information for HeritageWorks volunteers.
- Our come and try open day
- The pioneer Board study is progressing well
- 50th anniversary of the WDHS report
- Work is continuing on the significance of the Pioneers Board
- Research and collection management continue
- Pioneer Board restoration!
- James Affleck’s book For King and Country
- Cultural Heritage Open Day
- Peter Robertson
- The first Historical Society began in 1935
- Hearing History House
- 50 Years celebration
- Received donation photos David Ferguson
- Quarry men and the Community Garden.